Attorney Easton is a partner at the firm, and practices technical litigation, industrial injury law, defense of architects, engineers and contractors, aviation law, commercial law, products liability and strict liability law, and personal injury law.
He was national defense counsel for ten years, representing a manufacturer with $100 million in sales, and provided training to engineering staff in failure effect mode analysis, forensic investigations, litigation reduction programs, and product review techniques.
Attorney Easton has served as the attorney of record in more than 300 cases and is recognized in The Best Lawyers In America©.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Easton owned a professional engineering firm for several years. Mr. Easton was a member of the US Army, Wisconsin Army National Guard and was a Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve before he retired in 1997.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin, Western District of Wisconsin and United States Supreme Court.
EducationJ.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School
B.S., with honors, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Involvement & Recognition
- President, Madison Hangars, Inc., 2009 – Present
- Member, Pi Tau Sigma
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
- Member, Wisconsin Society of Professional Engineers
- Member, National Society of Professional Engineers
- Member, Dane County and American Bar Associations
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Member, Maple Bluff Building Board, 2007-present
- Secretary/Treasurer Parks Industries Ltd., Inc., 1999-present
- Member, Dane County Regional Airport Citizen Advisory Committee, 1998-present
- Chairman, Village of Maple Bluff Police and Fire Committee, 1996-2005
- Member of Village of Maple Bluff Public Works Committee, 1996-2005
- Appointed Police Commissioner, Village of Maple Bluff, 1996-2005
- Member, Village of Maple Bluff Planning Committee, 1996-2000
- Elected Village Trustee, Village of Maple Bluff, 1994-1996; 1996-1998
- Served as a Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Inc., 1979-1998
- Member, Exchange Committee, 1984, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1986-1987
- Member, Board of Directors, Frickelton School of Aero, 1968-1975
- Managing Partner, Axley Brynelson, LLP, 1991-1998
- Managing Partner, Easton & Harms, S.C., 1977-1987
- General Manager, Easton & Associates, Inc., 1970-1973
- Registered Professional Engineer Awarded Master Aviator Wings by the US Army Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Named a top Personal Injury Litigation lawyer in The Best Lawyers In America©
- BV Distinguished® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Retained to serve as co-counsel in seeking damages for injuries suffered during an automobile collision involving airbag activation. The case was settled for a confidential amount during mediation.
Retained to serve as co-counsel in a lawsuit seeking damages for injuries suffered by a father and two minor children during an automobile collision involving a rear impact. The case was settled for a confidential amount shortly before trial.
Retained to defend the interests of a defendant in a suit for monetary damages involving the sale of a no longer manufactured ripsaw “as is, where is.” The case was settled for a minimal amount.
Retained to defend claims by third-party employee seeking damages for a slip and fall. The case was settled during mediation.