Nancy L. Wilson is a partner at Axley’s Waukesha office focusing her practice in the areas of business, tax planning, estate planning and administration.
In her business practice, Ms. Wilson assists clients with business formation; tax planning; contract negotiation including drafting, acquisitions and sales; business reorganization and succession planning. Some of her business clients include manufacturers; professional services; building and trade services; and transportation, warehousing and distribution companies. In addition to her legal experience, Ms. Wilson also served as a Chief Operating Officer for a large consumer electronics distributor and a Vice President of Operations for a manufacturing company. She has also owned and operated an accounting and consulting business, credit reporting agency and various retail stores. These roles have given her an in depth knowledge of her business client’s needs.
In her estate planning and administration practice, Ms. Wilson assists clients with the preparation of wills, powers of attorney, trust formation, special needs trusts, family limited liability companies, and gifting programs. She also provides estate and trust administration including probate and tax preparation. Ms. Wilson works with financial advisors, accountants and lenders to achieve optimal results for her clients.
Ms. Wilson received her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School and a L.L.M. in Taxation from the University of Alabama Law School. She completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, receiving both a B.B.A. and a Masters in Accounting (with an emphasis in Taxation).
Ms. Wilson is an active member in several professional organizations including the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants, National Association of Women Business Owners, Wisconsin State Bar, Walworth County Bar, Waukesha County Bar, Waukesha County Business Alliance and Brookfield Chamber of Commerce. She is a member of the Wisconsin State Bar Lawyers Referral and Information Systems Committee, which oversees the program. Ms. Wilson also serves as an Advisory Board member at Herzing University.
Ms. Wilson presents several seminars on trusts and estates, as well as business formation and development. She also devotes time to educating people about scams and other fraudulent activities. To view her page dedicated to tracking scams, click here.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin and Federal Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
EducationL.L.M., Taxation, University of Alabama Law School
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
Masters in Accountancy (Emphasis in Taxation), University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.B.A., Accounting, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Business Succession Planning
- Business, Corporate & Securities
- Contract Negotiation & Drafting
- Corporate Law
- Estate Planning
- Limited Liability Companies
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Business Reorganizations
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Tax Exempt & Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Tax Planning
- Trusts & Estates
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Member, Walworth County Bar Association
- Member, Waukesha County Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Waukesha Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Brookfield Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Wisconsin Women Entrepreneurs
- Advisory Board Member, Herzing University
- Committee Member, Wisconsin State Bar Association – Lawyer Referral and Information Services
- Named to Wisconsin Law Journal 2016 Women in the Law
Handled mergers and acquisitions involving community associations, transportation companies, service companies and manufacturing companies.
Established a large condominium timeshare plan for a condominium association.
Handled the negotiation and drafting of contracts for two major landfills in Wisconsin while representing municipalities.