Attorney Sean Frye, from Brookfield, WI, is an associate at the firm and a member of Axley’s Environmental and Construction practice groups.
While attending law school, Attorney Frye worked as a legal research assistant to Professor David Strifling, Director of the Water Law and Policy Initiative at Marquette University Law School. There, he researched emerging legal and policy issues in water resource technology.
Also while attending law school, Mr. Frye gained valuable experience in the construction, transportation, and environmental management industries while working as a Civil Engineer and construction project leader on a number of large transportation construction projects in the Southeast Wisconsin region for the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. This experience included writing contract change orders and modifications, managing project costs and negotiating contract modifications with contractors and consulting engineers, and leading the safe and cost-effective construction of various highway projects. Mr. Frye worked for the Wisconsin DOT for nearly eight years, during which time he also completed his Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering, and successfully passed the professional engineering exam to become a licensed Professional Engineer in Wisconsin.
Attorney Frye’s strong work ethic and dedication to his clients was inspired by the many great soldiers and officers he served with as a Sergeant in the United States Army. Mr. Frye served for several years as a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (Haz-Mat) Operations Specialist in the 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, TX, which included two long-term deployments to Iraq and Kuwait.
While away from work, Frye enjoys spending time with his wife, his active young daughter, and his less-active old dog, either at home or at his family’s cabin in northern Wisconsin.
Attorney Frye is admitted to practice in the courts of Wisconsin and the Eastern District Court of Wisconsin.
EducationJ.D., Marquette University Law School
M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
B.S.E., cum laude, Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Involvement & Recognition
- Wisconsin State Bar
- State Bar Construction & Public Contract Law Section – Elected Board Member and Secretary
- State Bar Environmental Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources – Vice Chair of the Natural Resources Committee
- Forum on Construction Law
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Environmental Law Section
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- Environmental Law Institute
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- National, Wisconsin, and Southeast Wisconsin Sections
- Environment and Water Resources Institute member
- Construction Institute member
- Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
- Central States Water Environment Association (CSWEA)
- Master Builders Association of Wisconsin
- Federation of Environmental Technologists (FET)
- Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association (WTBA)
- Wisconsin Earth Movers Association (WEMA)
- American Legion / Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Waukesha County Business Alliance