Axley’s Wisconsin Estate Planning and Tax Attorneys help clients in formulating and implementing their estate and tax plans.
Our estate planning and probate services include:
- Agreements relating to marital and nontraditional relationships, including prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Elder Law
- Family business succession planning
- Litigation of will and trust contests and other contested matters
- Probate procedures, valuation of assets, distribution plans, and estate and trust settlement
- Wealth transfer, charitable and estate and gift tax planning
- Wills, trusts and powers of attorney
Our tax services include:
- Preparation of state and federal income, estate and other returns
- Representation of estates and other taxpayers in valuation disputes
- Representing taxpayers and municipalities in property tax matters before the board of review, circuit court and the court of appeals
- Representation of taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service, Wisconsin Department of Revenue, tax court, the Wisconsin Tax Appeals Commission, Wisconsin circuit and appellate courts and federal district courts
- Section 1031 exchanges, including reverse exchanges, multiple asset exchanges, construction exchanges and related party exchanges
- Tax planning for individuals, partnerships and corporations
Some of our past experience in the field.
IRS / Wisconsin Department of Revenue Disputes
Represents individuals and businesses in disputes with the IRS and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Estate Planning - Small Business
Comprehensive estate planning for small business owners to achieve goals of family succession, minimizing death taxes, wealth preservation and protection of children
Reverse and Forward Single and Multiple Asset Tax Deferred Exchanges
Structured numerous Reverse and Forward Single and Multiple Asset Tax Deferred Exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code
View some publications relating to Estate Planning & Tax
If You’re Expecting, It’s Time to Get an Estate Plan. You might be at the age where it seems as...
An American icon died last week. Aretha Franklin was the Queen of Soul, and with that came celebrity. Even with...
It’s Decision Time for the U.S. Supreme Court – Will the Court Do Away with the Quill Physical Presence Standard for Out-of-State Sales Tax Collection?
Since 1992, a retailer’s obligation to collect sales tax for out of state sales has been governed by the U.S....