Axley attorneys in the estate planning and probate area counsel clients in formulating and implementing their estate plan through basic documents such as wills, trusts, marital property agreements, medical and financial powers of attorney and sophisticated estate planning techniques, such as irrevocable life insurance trusts, family limited partnerships and charitable foundations, and trusts. Our goal is to tailor an estate plan to each client’s needs and desires to transfer wealth in a tax efficient manner that minimizes the risk of disputes among beneficiaries.
A crucial part of our practice is representing fiduciaries, families and beneficiaries in the administration of a decedent’s estate or trust. We assist in each step of the estate and trust administration as well as identifying opportunities for post-death tax planning. We have extensive experience representing both fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputed matters, such as will contests, as well as litigation with the IRS in estate and gift tax matters.
Our estate planning and probate services include:
- Agreements relating to marital and nontraditional relationships, including prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Family business succession planning
- Litigation of will and trust contests and other contested matters
- Probate procedures, valuation of assets, distribution plans, and estate and trust settlement
- Wealth transfer, charitable and estate and gift tax planning
- Wills, trusts and powers of attorney