Michael Anderson is a partner in the firm. His litigation practice, trial and appellate, focuses on a variety of commercial, business, products liability, and plaintiff personal injury litigation.
Mr. Anderson’s commercial practice includes drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, including: master services, design and supply, software development, dealership and distribution, domestic and international purchase and sale, nondisclosure, confidentiality, and noncompetition.
He acts as outside general counsel for several clients, providing advice on corporate compliance, transactional, and general corporate issues. Mr. Anderson supervises foreign and domestic litigation for his general counsel clients. He currently serves as external counsel for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA where his practice focuses on religious liberty and general counsel issues.
Mr. Anderson served for many years on the governing board of Blackhawk Church. He has also served on the Boards of nonprofit corporations involved in community development, a continuing care retirement community, and a 501c3 that provides funds for the delivery of legal services to low-income families. Currently, he serves on the Board of a charity that works with members of impoverished international communities to develop skills that will permit them to earn a sustainable income.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin, Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and United States Supreme Court.
EducaciónJ.D., Order of the Coif, Washington University
B.A., magna cum laude, Cornell University
Participación y Reconocimiento
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Appointment:
– Preliminary Review Committee, 2002-2010
– Chair of the Preliminary Review Committee, 2007-2010
- Member, Christian Legal Society
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Elders, Blackhawk Church 2003-2009, 2010-2016, 2020 – present.
- Member, Board of Directors, Hope United Inc, 2008-present
- Member, Board of Directors, Nehemiah Community Development Corporation, 2005-2010
- Member, Board of Directors, Oakwood Village East (Continuing Care Retirement Communities) 2003-2010
– Chairman, 2007-2009
– Chairman, Ethics Committee, Oakwood Retirement Communities, 2005-2009
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
– Bench and Bar Committee, Wisconsin State Bar, 2004-2008
– Board of Attorneys Professional Responsibility District Committee, 1991-2001
– Board of Attorney’s Professional Responsibility Study Committee, 1996-2000
- Member, Board of Directors, Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund, 2006-2009
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© (2011-2021 Edition) – Commercial Litigation
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Named to the 2005 Wisconsin Super Lawyers List