Mold, asbestos and other potentially hazardous materials can create significant issues for construction projects. Axley’s team of environmental attorneys has broad experience in environmental management. Our Wisconsin attorneys include engineers and former environmental prosecutors. Axley’s environmental management attorneys deal with environmental matters when preparing construction contracts and in construction-related disputes. We regularly assist clients to understand, anticipate and comply with regulatory requirements. Our environmental lawyers routinely work with environmental and civil engineers, scientists, regulators and environmental advocates, and colleagues in the environmental consulting and legal communities frequently refer clients to us.
Our goal is to assist clients to work through the complex maze of environmental regulation, and to advocate for our clients before administrative agencies and in the courts. We provide legal services to clients regarding environmental risk management, permitting, regulatory compliance, contracting for environmental services, and defense in federal, state and local enforcement actions.
Areas in which we provide legal services include:
- Air pollution
- Contaminated properties, including Superfund (CERCLA), PECFA and DERP
- Environmental due diligence
- Environmental workplace injuries
- Groundwater contamination
- Indoor air contamination, Sick Building Syndrome
- Lead paint
- Litigation and administrative hearings
- Public utilities
- Real estate transactions and Brownfield development
- Water pollution
- Water-related construction and activities, including piers and wetlands
- Zoning and land use