As governmental regulation increases in the areas of planning, zoning and land development, so does the need for public and private sector entities to employ sound legal counsel in achieving their land use and development objectives.
With extensive experience representing both public and private sector clients, our real estate and land use attorneys apply their understanding of the issues on each side of a real estate matter to increase the likelihood of success.
On the public side, we represent municipal governments, drainage districts and sewerage districts, with a particular emphasis on land use, zoning, environmental and redevelopment matters from planning, regulatory and financing perspectives. Our attorneys also provide support to governmental entities on matters such as public contracts, eminent domain and tax incremental financing districts.
In the private sector, we represent landowners, real estate developers and financial institutions in every significant type of acquisition, development and land use matter, including leasing, zoning, comprehensive planning, subdivision plat approvals, planned-unit developments, conditional use permits, variances and appeals, and public and private sector financing, including low-income housing tax credits and new market tax credits.
Our attorneys also have expertise in:
- Drafting and negotiating development agreements
- Reviewing and negotiating architect and construction contracts
- Drafting residential, commercial, mixed-use and land condominium documents
- Representing owner in real estate property tax disputes
- Representing both the public and private sector in annexation issues
- Condemnation & Eminent Domain
- Condominium Development & Conversions
- Joint Ventures
- Platting & CSM
- Real Estate Disputes/Adverse Possession Claims
- Real Estate Transactions