Environmental management and regulatory compliance has become a fact of life in an array of both private and public enterprises. Businesses, individuals and governments are adapting to new demands relating to global warming, green construction and manufacturing, organic foods and resource preservation. High quality environmental management requires knowledge of the changing landscapes of regulation, technology and society.
Axley’s Madison, Wisconsin environmental attorneys have broad experience in environmental management. Our lawyers include engineers and former environmental prosecutors. We regularly assist clients to understand, anticipate and comply with regulatory requirements. We routinely work with environmental and civil engineers, scientists, regulators and environmental advocates, and colleagues in the environmental consulting and legal communities frequently refer clients to us.
Areas in which our environmental attorneys provide legal services include:
- Air pollution
- Contaminated properties, including Superfund (CERCLA), PECFA and DERP
- Environmental due diligence
- Environmental workplace injuries
- Groundwater contamination
- Indoor air contamination, Sick Building Syndrome
- Insurance coverage issues
- Lead paint
- Litigation and administrative hearings
- Public utilities
- Real estate transactions and Brownfield development
- Water pollution
- Water-related construction and activities, including piers and wetlands
- Zoning and land use
At Axley, our goal is to assist clients to work through the complex maze of environmental regulation, and to advocate for our clients before administrative agencies and in the courts. We provide legal services to clients regarding environmental risk management, permitting, regulatory compliance, contracting for environmental services, and defense in federal, state and local enforcement actions.