Governor Evers Issues FAQs For Safer At Home Order
Governor Evers issued FAQs to clarify portions of the Safer at Home Order that became effective at 8:00 a.m. today, March 25th. The FAQs address the most common questions sent to the Governor. A few of the highlights from the FAQs include:
- Individuals do not need to carry documentation to leave their homes. Individuals are required to comply with the Order, but do not need special permission to leave home.
- Essential Businesses and Operations do not need special documentation or certification (nor do their employees so long as it is done in compliance with the Order).
- Restaurants may remain open for food take-out and delivery only, but no seating.
- Hotels and motels may remain open so long as they follow the guidelines imposed on stores that sell groceries and medicine, restaurants, and bars.
- Weddings and funerals can proceed as long as any gathering includes fewer than 10 people in a room or confined space.
- All schools remain closed for instructional and extracurricular activities for the duration of the Safer at Home Order, except for facilitating virtual learning, essential government functions, and food distribution.
- Individuals may still move or relocate from their current residence, as moving and relocation services are considered essential businesses under the Order.
- If a local municipal order conflicts with the statewide order, individuals must follow the statewide order.
A link to the FAQs is available here: https://evers.wi.gov/Documents/COVID19/Safer%20at%20Home%20FAQ%203.24.20.pdf
In these rapidly changing times, Axley will continue to update you as soon as new information becomes available.