Robert Procter is a partner in the firm licensed to practice in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois. He primarily represents businesses in real estate and construction, distribution, and insurance agency law. Robert is invested in long-term client relations preferring to enter into flat fee and retainer arrangements that reflect the true value of his work rather than the length of a phone call or the number of emails he can send.
Attorney Procter is the leader of Axley’s Business Practice Group and also the firm’s Chief Executive Officer.
Real Estate Law
Robert represents developers and contractors in all aspects of real estate and construction law including land use approvals, tax increment financing, construction and permitting. Robert is the outside general counsel for the Wisconsin Builders Association and the Government Affairs Director for the Realtors® Association of South Central Wisconsin. Robert is a licensed lobbyist, and regularly advocates on behalf of his clients on land use, construction and real estate legislation.
Robert represents businesses in all aspects of dealership/distribution law including distribution agreements and networks, dealer terminations, product recalls and regulatory compliance and litigation. Robert has significant experience representing businesses subject to the Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law.
Insurance Agency Law
Robert has literally grown up in an insurance agency. He comes from a family that has owned and operated an insurance agency located in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin since 1943. It is the Procter Insurance Agency, currently operated by his brother, Christopher Procter, formerly operated by his father, Robert C. Procter, Jr., and started by his grandfather Robert C. Procter, Sr. Robert’s other brother, Phillip J. Procter, is Vice President at Lockton Companies, one of the largest international insurance brokers, and only his sister Alessandra has escaped the insurance industry. The Procter family has been involved in the business of insurance for many, many years; and Robert has a breadth of knowledge and experience including more than a decade of training with Attorney Tim Fenner, the “Godfather” of Insurance Agency Law.
Robert is married, a proud father of four spirited children, has a dry sense of humor that most find not funny, and prides himself on being able to manufacture an analogy to fit any circumstance.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin and Illinois and Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, Boston University
B.A., University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Aggregate Permitting
- Antitrust, Competition & Product Distribution
- Business, Corporate & Securities
- COVID-19 & Return to Work
- Cannabis & Hemp
- Condemnation & Eminent Domain
- Condominium & Hotel
- Condominium Development & Conversions
- Construction Business Issues
- Contract Negotiation & Drafting
- Craft Brewing
- Distribution & Franchise
- Frac Sand Mining
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Business Reorganizations
- Real Estate, Zoning, Land Use & Development
Involvement & Recognition
- Outside General Counsel, Wisconsin Builders Association
- Government Affairs Director, Realtors Association of South Central Wisconsin
- Former Board Member, Wisconsin Realtors Association
- Board Member, Madison Area Builders Association
- Former Chair, Government Affairs Committee, Madison Area Builders Association
- Former Board Member, Realtors Association of South Central Wisconsin
- Former Vice President, Realtors Association of South Central Wisconsin
- Former First Vice President, Madison Area Builders Association
- Former Chair, Developers Council, Wisconsin Builders Association
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© (2013-2021 Edition) – Real Estate Law
- Named to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star list in 2008 and 2009
- Wisconsin Builders Association Associate of the Year
- Wisconsin Builders Association Above and Beyond Service Award
- Realtors Association of South Central Wisconsin Affiliate of Distinction
- Madison Area Builders Association Associate of the Year
- “Superb” Avvo Rating of 8.9out of 10.0