John G. Walsh is an associate attorney at Axley practicing a wide range of business law including corporate law; mergers, acquisitions and business reorganizations; intellectual property and trademark registration; estate planning and probate; real estate and adverse possession claims; zoning; and land use and development.
Mr. Walsh brings to his practice a strong history of involvement in the Madison legal community. Prior to joining Axley, Mr. Walsh served as staff counsel for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (2010-2013). He was also a member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s Planning and Policy Advisory Committee (PPAC) (2010-2013), as well as a volunteer law clerk for the Wisconsin Supreme Court (2009). During law school, Mr. Walsh worked as a compliance intern for the University of Wisconsin Athletic Department (2008) and provided legal assistance to institutionalized persons through the Frank J. Remington Center (2007).
Aside from his legal career, Mr. Walsh is a frequent performer at The Comedy Club on State.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin.
EducationJ.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
B.A., University of Notre Dame
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Planning and Policy Advisory Committee (PPAC) (1 term, 2010-2013)
- 2017 Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award, State Bar of Wisconsin Young Lawyers Division
- Winner – Madison’s Funniest Comic 2018