Judd Genda is a partner in Axley, a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and the former chair of the Business Practice Group. Mr. Genda represents a wide array of businesses including manufacturers, service providers, contractors, subcontractors and design builders with contract preparation, review and negotiations.
Mr. Genda actively represents businesses involved in the provision of telecommunications, video and broadband services in all aspects of their business including: the development of business strategies; contract preparation, review and negotiations; regulatory compliance; advising clients with respect to telecommunications, cable and internet law, including orders, decisions and rulings of the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and the Federal Communications Commission as well as state and federal courts interpreting the same; and representing clients before local, state and federal governmental bodies.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin and California, Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin and for the Eastern, Central and Northern Districts of California, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh and Ninth Circuits, and United States Supreme Court.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin - Madison
B.B.A., in Finance & Marketing, with honors, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, United States Supreme Court Bar Associate
- Member, Wisconsin State Telecommunications Association
– Legislative and Regulatory, and Accounting Committees
- Named to the 2010 Wisconsin Rising Stars List (Primary Area of Practice: Business/Corporate Law)
- Named one of Madison’s top utilities law attorneys by Madison Magazine
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Sale of telecommunication companies and cable television systems