The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 list recognized 4 Axley attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” and an additional 26 Axley attorneys in its 23rd edition.
Best Lawyers® only recognizes one attorney as “Lawyer of the Year” per specialty and location. The four Axley recipients, having the highest peer review rating and feedback in Madison for their practice area, include: Brian W. Mullins, Litigation – Construction; Carl A. Sinderbrand, Litigation – Environmental; Laura S. Peck, Banking and Finance Law; and Richard E. Petershack, Real Estate Law.
Brian Mullins has over 30 years of experience as an attorney and advocate for owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, insurers and sureties. He has been instrumental in the development of construction law in Wisconsin and has been named to the International Who’s Who of Construction Lawyers. Mr. Mullins serves as a co-chair of Axley’s Construction Law Team. This is his fifth “Lawyer of the Year” award.
Carl Sinderbrand is passionate about environmental stewardship and has achieved success through a combination of having a clear understanding of the applicable law, as well as establishing realistic objectives and long-term professional, interpersonal relationships. His reputation for more than 30 years of law has been one of honor, honesty, effectiveness and personal integrity. This is his second “Lawyer of the Year” award.
Laura Peck brings to her practice more than 25 years of experience in the world of finance. Through her experience as in-house counsel at several large and mid-sized institutions, Ms. Peck brings with her a unique perspective on the needs of her clients. She has a skill for helping her clients through both upswings and downturns. From small businesses to large banks, Ms. Peck has the expertise to guide all of her clients. This is her first “Lawyer of the Year” award.
Richard Petershack’s practice involves representing developers in large transactions, including purchases and sales, and land development activities. He also does extensive work for his real estate and business clients in reviewing and structuring financing options. Mr. Petershack has industry experience with local, regional and national lenders and real estate development firms, experience that gives him a deeper understanding of his clients. This is his second “Lawyer of the Year” award.
Additional Axley attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 list and the practice area they are recognized for include:
- Arthur E. Kurtz, Insurance Law
- Bradley D. Armstrong, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Brian W. Mullins, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate
- Bruce L. Harms, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
- Carl A. Sinderbrand, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Environmental
- Charles V. Sweeney, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Environmental
- Daniel T. Hardy, Communications Law, Energy Law
- David M. Pelletier, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Real Estate
- David W. Easton, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Gregory C. Collins, Real Estate Law
- Guy J. DuBeau, Litigation – Construction
- John H. Schmid, Jr., Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- John Walsh, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Larry K. Libman, Real Estate Law
- Laura S. Peck, Banking and Finance Law
- Lori M. Lubinsky, Education Law, Insurance Law
- Michael J. Modl, Litigation – First Amendment, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Labor and Employment, Litigation – Patent
- Michael J. Westcott, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Michael Riley, Arbitration, Mediation, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Michael S. Anderson, Commercial Litigation
- Patricia M. Gibeault, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Richard E. Petershack, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law
- Robert C. Procter, Real Estate Law
- Steven A. Brezinski, Tax Law
- Steven M. Streck, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Litigation – Environmental, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Timothy D. Fenner, Insurance Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
Regarded as a top reference guide to the legal profession, The Best Lawyers® lists are compiled through an extensive peer-review survey in which thousands of lawyers in the U.S. evaluate their professional peers.