Grandparent & Third-Party Visitation

In some situations, the Court will recognize and award reasonable grandparent visitation rights or third-party visitation to great-grandparents, stepparents or any other person who has maintained a parent/child-like relationship with the child. To request formal visitation rights, one needs to file a petition or motion with the court. Then, the court will hold a hearing to determine whether the visitation is in the best interest of the child. At this point parties can submit evidence and testimony. Finally, if the court orders visitation rights, anyone who interferes with the visitation may be subject to contempt of court.

Grandparent & Third-Party Visitation Attorneys

Featured Insights


A Guide to Grandparent Rights and Visitation

The ability of grandparents to have contact with their grandchildren is often an informal, private matter. It can become a...

Contact Axley

  • Disclaimer

    DISCLAIMER: The use of this site, and the sending or receipt of this information does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. Please DO NOT send any information to us regarding a specific legal matter until you have spoken with one of our attorneys and obtained authorization to do so. Any communication with us through this site or by e-mail will not be considered privileged or confidential.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.