Art Kurtz is a partner in the firm and member of the Litigation Practice Group, practicing across a broad range of litigation matters. He practices primarily in the areas of insurance defense, insurance coverage, disciplinary matters, and personal injury and also has a significant family law practice. Mr. Kurtz has represented clients in jury trials, court trials and administrative hearings throughout the state of Wisconsin, as well as in federal court. He has made numerous presentations regarding insurance law including bad faith claims and has been retained as an expert witness. He is admitted to practice before the Wisconsin Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and various federal district courts.
Mr. Kurtz was employed in the claims department of Progressive Insurance Companies for 10 years and held the position of regional claims manager, responsible for offices in five states.
EducationJ.D., M.B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, Rutgers University
- Administrative & Regulatory Matters
- Appellate Practice
- Bid Disputes & Protests
- Bond & Insurance Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- Custody, Placement & Child Support
- Divorce, Annulment or Legal Separation
- Family Law
- Grandparent & Third-Party Visitation
- Insurance Defense
- Marital Property Agreement & Prenuptial
- Products Liability Defense
- Property Division & Spousal Support
- Real Estate Disputes & Adverse Possession Claims
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Named a top Insurance Law attorney by The Best Lawyers In America©
Represented insurance company and its insured in regards to a slip-and-fall which occurred in the insured’s home. Plaintiff’s counsel offered to settle the case based on a 90-10 liability split against the insured. The Dane County jury determined that the insured was not negligent and the Plaintiff was solely negligent. The Plaintiff rejected an offer of over $20,000 and instead received no recovery.
Thank you for all of your help on this. It’s been the most difficult thing I’ve been through and I’m thrilled and relieved to be able to come out with equal placement–although it was a long and painful process–and move forward with my life. I was most interested in the end result and with your help and guidance I was able to achieve it. Best of luck in the future.