Tracy Murn is an associate attorney and member of the Business Practice Group at Axley. Ms. Murn focuses her practice primarily on estate and succession planning, as well as catering to the unique legal needs of family-owned businesses.
Ms. Murn’s other areas of practice, real estate, land use, and general business practice, allow her to serve clients with a full 360-degree approach to asset protection, business strategy and conveyance of real estate. Ms. Murn represents business owners of all kinds both in their everyday dealings as well as when they are buying or selling commercial real estate or developing. Ms. Murn’s experience working with local municipalities gives her a leg-up on representing business owners or those looking to purchase and develop real estate.
Her estate planning and succession planning are informed by her experience in probate and trust administration. Ms. Murn has a unique ability to explain complex estate planning concepts to clients by using imagery and guiding them through the process start-to-finish to ensure the client understands the intricacies of their estate plan and subsequent administration, if any. In addition, she is also skilled in drafting complex estate plans, including irrevocable grantor trusts and resolving intricate issues with previously drafted trusts.
Outside of her career as an attorney, Ms. Murn serves on the UPAF Westside Cabinet and is a longtime supporter of and a volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association. She is an avid fitness and outdoor enthusiast and enjoys spending time with her daughter and husband and visiting her husband’s family in England.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
B.A., cum laude, Psychology, Marquette University
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Construction and Public Contract Law Section, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Waukesha County Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin (ARCW)
- Member, Waukesha County Business Alliance
- Volunteer, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast
- Cabinet Member, United Performing Arts Center
- Member, City of Delafield Board of Review
- Named Up and Coming Lawyer for 2021 by the Wisconsin Law Journal