Tracy Murn is an associate attorney and member of the Business Practice Group at Axley. Ms. Murn focuses her practice primarily on real estate and estate and succession planning, as well as catering to the unique legal needs of family owned businesses.
Ms. Murn joined Axley as a Law Clerk in 2015 before transitioning to a full-time attorney after graduating from Marquette University Law School. During her time at Marquette, Ms. Murn served as a Legal Research Assistant under an appointed member of the ERISA board and a specialist in Labor and Employment law. Ms. Murn researched the Superannuation retirement savings system in Australia as it compares to the American retirement savings system. She also completed a Pro Bono internship with the Office of the Public Defender.
Outside of her career as an attorney, Ms. Murn serves on the UPAF Westside Cabinet and is a longtime supporter of and a volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association. Ms. Murn presents at career fairs at all levels of education and mentors people considering law as a profession to share her passion for the practice of law. She is also an avid fitness and outdoor fan and enjoys weightlifting, cycling and a round of 18 holes on a sunny day. She also enjoys spending time with her daughter and husband and visiting her husband’s family in England.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
B.A., cum laude, Psychology, Marquette University
- Business Start-Up
- Business, Corporate & Securities
- Contract Negotiation & Drafting
- Corporate Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Governmental, Administrative & Regulated Industry
- Limited Liability Companies
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Business Reorganizations
- Real Estate, Zoning, Land Use & Development
- Succession Planning
- Water Law
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Construction and Public Contract Law Section, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Waukesha County Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin (ARCW)
- Member, Waukesha County Business Alliance
- Volunteer, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast
- Cabinet Member, United Performing Arts Center
- Member, Next Generation Committee of Tall Pines Conservancy