Dan Hardy is a partner who has devoted more than 35 years of law practice to areas of telecommunications and public utility law, estate planning, probate and trust administration, wills, trusts and ownership succession planning for closely-held businesses, acquisitions, purchase and sales of businesses, business reorganization, real estate and income tax law. Dan was named as one of Madison’s best estate planning attorneys by Madison Magazine in 2004 and 2005. He has also been listed in The Best Lawyers In America© annually since 2005 for his work in telecommunications law and energy law.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin, Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and United States Tax Court.
EducationJ.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.B.A., Accounting, University of South Dakota and University of Wisconsin-Madison
Involvement & Recognition
- City of Fitchburg Community and Economic Development Authority
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Telecommunications Association Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient 2016
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© (2007-2022 Edition) – Communications Law
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© (2005-2022 Edition) – Energy Law
- Named Lawyer of the Year in The Best Lawyers in America© (2014 Edition) – Communications Law
- Named to the 2005, 2008, 2010 – 2018 Wisconsin Super Lawyers lists (Primary Area of Practice: Utilities Law)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™