Non-profit and tax exempt organizations have unique concerns and unique legal needs that are different from for-profit businesses. From available employee retirement plans and compensation arrangements to permissible joint venture arrangements, exempt organizations operate in a regulatory and legal world with special concerns and problems.
Axley tax exempt organization attorneys have the expertise and experience to understand these unique concerns and offer sound advice and guidance to assist exempt organizations in tax and regulatory compliance and in accomplishing their goals. We have represented health care organizations, churches, cooperatives, social clubs, government entities, trade associations, retirement homes and numerous other charitable and non-charitable exempt organizations.
Our services and areas of expertise include:
- Condominium and neighborhood associations
- Corporate governance and membership issues
- Elderly housing developments
- Employee compensation and retirement and welfare benefit plans
- Low income housing organizations
- Organization and qualification of exempt entities before the IRS and state regulatory and tax authorities
- Private foundations, supporting organizations and all forms of charitable trusts
- Real estate tax exemption proceedings
- Sales tax exemptions and disputes
- Unrelated business income tax planning and audits