Mike Riley is a third-generation Madison lawyer whose practice is focused on obtaining fair compensation for people who suffer injuries due to others’ negligence. He also represents clients in insurance coverage issues, mediation, and arbitration. He is listed by Madison Magazine as one of the best personal injury lawyers in Madison. Milwaukee Magazine has annually named him one of the best personal injury lawyers in the state. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America© both locally and nationally for his work with injured persons.
Mr. Riley has successfully represented hundreds of clients in personal injury claims. He has successfully argued a number of cases before the Wisconsin State Supreme Court and obtained dozens of favorable decisions for his clients before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. He has been asked to speak to Wisconsin lawyers and judges on a variety of topics relating to the trial and settlement of personal injury cases, insurance coverage, mediation and arbitration and a variety of other topics.
Mr. Riley has taught trial advocacy and negotiation at the University of Wisconsin Law School. He has been a featured speaker at a number of seminars for various organizations, including the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Association for Justice and the Wisconsin Judicial Conference. The State Bar of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Association for Justice have published a number of articles he has authored on topics relating to personal injury claims.
Dedicated to providing personal attention and achieving the best possible result for each of his clients, Mr. Riley is a firm believer in putting his clients’ interests first.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Appellate Practice
- Bicycle Accidents
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Experienced Car Accident Attorneys in Wisconsin
- Farm & Construction Accidents
- Injuries from Defective Products
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Motorcycle & Other Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability Defense
- Wrongful Death
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, Editorial Board and Former Board Member, Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
– Former Chair, Inter-Professional Relations and Legislative Committees
– Former Board Member, Litigation section
- Named a top Alternative Dispute Resolution and Personal Injury lawyer in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named to the 2005 – 2016 Wisconsin Super Lawyers Lists (Primary Area of Practice: Personal Injury – Plaintiff Law)
- Named one of Madison’s top personal injury law – plaintiff attorneys by Madison Magazine
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Named a top Civil Plaintiff by The National Trial Lawyers
Received favorable decision from the Supreme Court of Wisconsin in Brown v. Acuity, a case in which he briefed and argued the issue of discretionary immunity. The Court accepted his argument, overturning a decision of the Court of Appeals, and establishing a bright line rule that operators of emergency vehicles are not authorized to ignore specific statutory mandates contained in the rules of the road.