Were you injured in a car accident in Wisconsin? If so, you are surely feeling defeated, annoyed, and even scared as you start to see the bills to fix your car and what it cost to go to the hospital.  When you add the hassle of emotions that most accident victims feel, every day can feel like an impossible struggle. Let us ease the struggle you are facing.

At Axley, we take care of everything that comes with being in a crash: we help secure payment for your property damage, deal with your health insurance company to ensure coverage, secure medical payments coverage to take care of your copays and deductibles, and ultimately work to get you the fair compensation you deserve.

Unlike other law firms, you’re not just a number at Axley. At our firm, we know your name, and we know your case. Our attorneys give you the personal attention your case needs.  While you focus on your recovery and everything else going on in your life, let us handle the hard work and fight for a favorable outcome.

Experienced & Effective

  • Investigating the accident
  • Identifying the responsible parties
  • Working with Accident Reconstruction Engineers (if required)
  • Reviewing the negligent driver’s insurance policy as well as your policy
  • Working with Physicians and Chiropractors
  • Evaluating your injuries – including future expenses/lost wages and effect on the quality of your life
  • Getting your maximum compensation

Car Accidents Attorneys

Commonly Asked Questions

I was involved in a car accident, what should I do?

The first thing you should do if you have been injured in a car accident is to go to the doctor, urgent care or hospital if you have not already done so. You may not realize how badly you are injured. It is also important to make sure that your injuries are well documented with pictures of the cars involved and of your injuries. You should also call a personal injury lawyer. You will probably get called right away by the other person’s insurance company, and it is better for you to have spoken to a lawyer before that occurs. You should also call your own car insurance company to notify them of the car accident. Finally, do not sign anything about the accident. Make sure you talk to a personal injury lawyer before you sign anything.


What do I do about my medical bills (co-pays and deductibles) if I was in a car accident?

Your medical bills will add up quickly if you were injured in a car accident. You should go to the doctor just like you would go for any other injury or illness. Your health insurance should cover the bills. If you have co-pays and deductibles, many times you can have those paid right away by the medical payments coverage you have on your own car insurance. That way, you will not have to spend a lot of your own money when you are probably missing time from work.


My car was totaled in a car accident, what do I do?

The first thing you should do is go to the doctor, urgent care or hospital if you are injured. Getting treatment for injuries is very important. You should also call your own insurance company about your car if it is damaged. The sooner you call the sooner you can get a replacement vehicle. Most times your own car insurance will pay for the damages and then recover from the other person’s insurance company. If you’re not at fault for the accident, you should also be reimbursed for any deductible you have to pay and for any sales tax you have to pay if you have to replace a vehicle that was totaled.


The person who hit me does not have car insurance, what can I do?

In Wisconsin, all vehicle owners are supposed to have car insurance. Some people still do not have insurance. If you have your own car insurance, you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy. That type of coverage protects you and can compensate you for your injuries even if the other person does not have insurance. You also have medical payments coverage. That is a type of insurance coverage that will help you pay your copays and deductibles for the medical care you receive. Your health insurance should cover the majority of your medical bills.


The person who caused the car accident hardly has any insurance, is there anything I can do?

If you have your own car insurance, you probably have underinsured motorist coverage. So, if you are injured and the other person does not have good insurance, you can get compensation for your injuries from your own car insurance in certain situations. This can be tricky, so having a personal injury help you is really important.

Client Successes

Drunk Driving Accident – $750,000
$750,000 to a woman severely injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver
Straka, Heath P.
Car Accidents, Personal Injury
Head-on Collision – $2.2 Million
$2.2 million to the surviving spouse of a man killed in a head-on collision car crash
Straka, Heath P.
Car Accidents, Personal Injury
Van vs. Semi Accident – $3.75 Million
$3.75 million to a developmentally disabled man who was rendered a paraplegic in a van / semi accident

Featured Insights


Roundabout Trap

Roundabouts remain an unsettling experience for many Wisconsin motorists. Who gets to go where and when can be something of...

Wisconsin Weather Poses Various Risks for Employers

As the cold Wisconsin winter finally begins to set in and the snow begins to fall, employers should be aware...

Insurer Ordered to Pay Interest on Overdue Claim -- But Not Surrender Files

On June 3, 2015, the Wisconsin Court of Appeals released its opinion in Dilger v. Metropolitan Property and Casualty Ins....

Contact Axley

  • Disclaimer

    DISCLAIMER: The use of this site, and the sending or receipt of this information does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. Please DO NOT send any information to us regarding a specific legal matter until you have spoken with one of our attorneys and obtained authorization to do so. Any communication with us through this site or by e-mail will not be considered privileged or confidential.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.