Axley’s Frac Sand Team is led by Buck Sweeney, who is one of Wisconsin’s top Construction Attorneys. Mr. Sweeney is a licensed professional engineer and has represented clients in many legal matters related to frac sand, including real estate, environmental, claims, zoning, and transportation. Buck also represents non-metallic mining clients throughout Wisconsin.
In addition to Mr. Sweeney, Axley’s Frac Sand Team consists of attorneys Don Murn, Saul Glazer, Robert Procter, Mitch Olson and Ed Lawton, who contribute their extensive experience in Construction, Land Use, Real Estate, Environmental, and Business Law.
Axley’s frac sand attorneys have experience with:
- Acquisition of mining sites
- Mineral leases
- Royalty agreements
- Options to purchase sites
- Frac sand and other mineral supply contracts
- Construction contracts for the construction of frac sand infrastructure
- Brokerage and commission agreements relating to frac sand and other mineral extraction businesses and sites
- Permitting for mining sites
- Property tax assessment matters
- Town road agreements
- Annexation matters related to mining sites
They also have experience with disputes and litigation relating to each of these areas such as permitting, regulations, and royalty calculation disputes. Our frac sand attorneys have relationships with DNR staff who govern these areas as well. They have litigated Town Road Agreement disputes, helped investors obtain control of substantial potential frac sand mining sites by negotiating purchase contracts, leases, and options to purchase.