Heath Straka is a partner in Axley’s Personal Injury Practice Group. Attorney Straka has almost 20 years of experience in litigating civil disputes. His practice focuses on representing individuals who have been harmed by the negligent or reckless conduct of others.
Attorney Straka also handles bad faith insurance claims as well as other litigation matters. He has had jury trials throughout Wisconsin in both State and Federal Court. In addition to handling numerous civil jury trials, Attorney Straka has successfully argued two cases before the Supreme Court of Wisconsin.
In addition to his general civil litigation experience, Attorney Straka also handles complex litigation and class actions involving large disputes, including wage and hour violations. These cases have been brought against some of the largest corporations in the country and have resulted in more than $40 million in recoveries.
Over the years, he has also advised small to medium-sized employers on employee disputes and how to be compliant with their employee handbooks. Handling both sides of employment disputes has provided Attorney Straka with keen insight when advising a business as well as an employee who has been wronged.
Attorney Straka also strongly believes in giving back to his community and his profession. He is the current President of the Wisconsin Association for Justice – a statewide association of trial attorneys. He is fluent in Spanish and has enjoyed volunteering with the Dane County Bar for non-English speaking legal services. Attorney Straka is also a frequent guest speaker at the University of Wisconsin Law School for various litigation classes and projects.
Outside of his profession, he has enjoyed coaching youth hockey and soccer for the last 25 years. He has also served on many local boards for both sports and other community ventures. Attorney Straka is married, and together, he and his wife, Kim, are raising three children and two dogs.
EducationJ.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.A., Spanish and International Relations, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Class Action
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Litigation
- Farm & Construction Accidents
- Injuries from Defective Products
- Labor & Employment
- Motorcycle & Other Vehicle Accidents
- Wage & Hour
- Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment
- Wrongful Death
Involvement & Recognition
- Chair, Civil Service Commission
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Wisconsin Association for Justice
- President, 2018
- President-Elect, 2017
- Vice President, 2016
- Treasurer, 2015
- Secretary, 2014
- Past Chair Program Committee (Co-Chair)
- Membership Committee
- People’s Law School Committee
- Past Chair of New Lawyers Section
- Board of Governors
- Executive Committee, Regional Officer
- Legislative Task Force
- Employment Law/Civil rights Committee Member
- Contributing Editor or “The Verdict”
- James E. Doyle American Inn of Court
- Madison Patriots Youth Hockey Association
- Board Member, 2012-2016
- President, 2013-2015
- Madison Festivals, Inc.
- Board Member, 2009-2015
- Named a Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney on the Wisconsin Super Lawyers List
- Named a top Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs Lawyer by The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named Nation’s Top 1% by National Association of Distinguished Counsel