Heath Straka is a partner at Axley Brynelson, LLP. His practice focuses on personal injury actions, general litigation involving employment and construction disputes and also complex litigation and class actions involving product liability claims and wage and hour violations. Heath received his law degree from the UW Law School in 2000. He has litigation experience in the State and Federal Courts of Wisconsin and has practiced in the successful resolution of numerous Civil Rights and Personal Injury cases.
Heath has successfully argued two cases in front of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, both involving medical malpractice; Otto v. PIC and Bubb v. Brusky, et. al. As a member of the Wisconsin Association for Justice, Heath serves as Immediate Past President of the Wisconsin Association for Justice and is past chair of the Program Committee and New Lawyers Section. Heath is also a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Dane County Bar Association and American Association for Justice. Heath has been consistently voted by his peers to be both a Super Lawyer and among the Best Lawyers in America.
He has also been recognized by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel and was awarded the Top 40 Under 40 Award by The National Trial Lawyers in 2012. Heath is fluent in Spanish and has volunteered with the Dane County bar for non-English speaking legal services. He also volunteers in the community. He is the Past-President of the Patriots Youth Hockey Association; is a past Board Member with Madison Festivals, Inc. (which runs Taste of Madison, The Madison Marathon, and Rhythm & Booms); and coaches both youth hockey and soccer. Heath is married with three children.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin, Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, for the District of Colorado, for the Northern District of Iowa, for the District of Minnesota, for the Northern District of Ohio, for the Northern District of Texas, and for the Southern District of West Virginia, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and United States Court of Federal Claims.
EducationJ.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.A., Spanish and International Relations, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Class Action
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Litigation
- Farm & Construction Accidents
- Injuries from Defective Products
- Labor & Employment
- Motorcycle & Other Vehicle Accidents
- Wage & Hour
- Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment
- Wrongful Death
Involvement & Recognition
- Chair, Civil Service Commission
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Wisconsin Association for Justice
- President, 2018
- President-Elect, 2017
- Vice President, 2016
- Treasurer, 2015
- Secretary, 2014
- Past Chair Program Committee (Co-Chair)
- Membership Committee
- People’s Law School Committee
- Past Chair of New Lawyers Section
- Board of Governors
- Executive Committee, Regional Officer
- Legislative Task Force
- Employment Law/Civil rights Committee Member
- Contributing Editor or “The Verdict”
- James E. Doyle American Inn of Court
- Madison Patriots Youth Hockey Association
- Board Member, 2012-2016
- President, 2013-2015
- Madison Festivals, Inc.
- Board Member, 2009-2015
- Named a Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney on the Wisconsin Super Lawyers List
- Named a top Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs Lawyer by The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named Nation’s Top 1% by National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Heath is deliberate and attentive, and worked hard to obtain a fair settlement. In addition, he is experienced and resourceful. I would recommend him as a personal injury lawyer.
I’m not really one to write reviews online but he did good by me and helped me through a tough time. Heath did a great job. He cared for me and my well being and that stuck with me throughout the entire process. It was clear that is what was first priority to him and that left me with a good feeling. I would definitely go back to him if I need to.
Attorney Heath Straka is the definition of “Professionalism”: competent, experienced, well versed, proficient and an excellent communicator. He handled my case in a very efficient and skillful manner with added compassion for my situation. I would highly recommend him in the future to any of my associates, family or friends. He did an excellent job on my behalf.