Michelle Martin is a partner at Axley, practicing primarily in the areas of real estate and business. She has extensive real estate experience in condemnation and eminent domain, land use and zoning, easements, tax assessments, development, leasing, and commercial and industrial transactions. Ms. Martin represents clients in condemnation matters relating to electric transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, highways, and other development. She also assists clients in developing, acquiring, and managing commercial and industrial properties.
With regard to business matters, her practice involves the formation and structuring of businesses, the sale and acquisition of businesses and their assets, as well as general contract drafting and negotiations. Ms. Martin’s practice in estate planning encompasses the preparation of wills, trusts, and powers of attorney; probate proceedings; and probate litigation.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin and Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
B.S., Business Administration, Minor in Economics, Trinity University
Franklin College, Lugano, Switzerland
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Waukesha County Bar Association
– Board of Directors, 2002 – 2015
– President, 2011 – 2012
– Past President, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Plan Commission, Town of Brookfield, Wisconsin, 1998 – 2004
- Zoning Board of Appeals, Town of Brookfield, Wisconsin, 2003 – 2004
- Junior League of Milwaukee
– Controller 1999-2000
– Director of Operations/Treasurer, 2000 – 2001; 2006-2007
– Board of Directors, 2000 – 2003; 2004 – 2007
- Gilda’s Club Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc. Board of Directors 2003 – 2004
- Named the Waukesha County Bar Association’s Distinguished Member (2015)
- Named to the 2007 Wisconsin Rising Stars List (Primary Area of Practice: Land Use Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Represent airports throughout the state to assist them in acquiring land rights to complete airport improvement projects. The land rights acquired include land in fee, avigation easements and temporary and permanent access easements.
Represents airports throughout the state to acquire land rights necessary for airport improvement projects.