Steven Brezinski, a partner in the firm, practices in the areas of tax planning and tax litigation, real estate, estate planning and probate, non-profit organizations, professional practices and general business law.
Proficient in comprehensive estate planning, Mr. Brezinski structures succession and estate plans for owners of family businesses engaged in numerous industries. In the field of tax law, Mr. Brezinski has over 30 years of experience handling matters from the negotiation of a resolution in a multi-million dollar, unrelated business income tax claim on behalf of a tax-exempt client, to structuring Reverse and Forward Single and Multiple Asset Tax Deferred Exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. Additionally, from veterinarians to accountants, Mr. Brezinski has represented buyers and sellers in transactions involving professional service businesses.
Mr. Brezinski is also a frequent speaker on tax and business law issues.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin and United States Tax Court.
EducationJ.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Masters in Law in Taxation, Georgetown University
B.S., cum laude, Lawrence University
- Business, Corporate & Securities
- Condominium Development & Conversions
- Contract Negotiation & Drafting
- Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Estate Planning & Tax
- Estate, Will, and Trust Litigation
- Joint Ventures
- Limited Liability Companies
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Business Reorganizations
- Real Estate, Zoning, Land Use & Development
- Succession Planning
- Tax Exempt & Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Tax Planning & Disputes
Involvement & Recognition
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Named to the 2011 – 2013 Wisconsin Super Lawyers Lists (Primary Area of Practice: Tax Law)
- Named a top Tax Law attorney by The Best Lawyers In America© and US News & World Report
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished(SM) Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Structured numerous Reverse and Forward Single and Multiple Asset Tax Deferred Exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code
Negotiated resolution of a multimillion-dollar unrelated business income tax claim on behalf of a tax-exempt client
Structured succession and estate plans for owners of family businesses engaged in construction, professional services, real estate, manufacturing and numerous other industries
Represented buyers and sellers in transactions involving professional service businesses such as veterinarians, dentists, physicians and accountants