Troy Thompson is a partner in the firm, practice group leader of the Labor and Employment Practice Group, and member of the Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Thompson represents private and public sector employers in all facets of traditional labor and employment, litigation and other business matters.
In addition to advising employers on day-to-day issues relating to personnel policies and practices affecting the labor force, Mr. Thompson represents the interests of management in actions pending before federal and state courts, as well as in administrative hearings and appeals. Mr. Thompson has appeared and practiced before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor (DOL), the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA), the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission (WERC), the Wisconsin Wage and Hour Division, the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division (ERD), the Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Division, the Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Division and the Madison Equal Opportunities Commission (MEOC). Mr. Thompson’s review of a treatise entitled, “Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts,” was published in the Wisconsin Lawyer.
While attending law school at Marquette University, Mr. Thompson served as legal intern to the National Labor Relations Board, and separately with the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, District 1.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin, Federal Courts of the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
EducationJ.D., Marquette University
B.S., Advertising/Public Relations, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Involvement & Recognition
- Chair, Labor and Employment Practice Group, Axley Brynelson, LLP
- Member, Aggregate Producers of Wisconsin
- Member, Hiring Committee, Axley Brynelson, LLP
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Litigation Sections, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, Wisconsin Assisted Living Association
- Member, Wisconsin Association of Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Named to the 2010 Wisconsin Rising Stars List (Primary Area of Practice: Employment and Labor Law)