In its 25th edition, The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 list recognized 5 Axley attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” and an additional 25 Axley attorneys as leaders in their practices.
Best Lawyers® only recognizes one attorney as “Lawyer of the Year” per specialty and location. The five Axley recipients, having the highest peer review rating and feedback in Madison for their practice area, include: Michael Modl – Litigation-Labor and Employment; David Pelletier – Litigation-Real Estate; Michael Riley – Mediation; Carl Sinderbrand – Litigation-Environmental; and Steven Streck – Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law.
Michael Modl focuses his practice primarily on federal court litigation. He routinely represents public and private sector employers and has appeared as local counsel for various regional, national and, international companies in federal court litigation. Attorney Modl is also recognized in Litigation – First Amendment, Litigation – Intellectual Property, and Ligitation – Patent.
David Pelletier represents lenders and creditors in complex commercial litigation, loan workouts, and bankruptcy and receivership matters. Additionally, he has represented lenders and creditors in farm and agricultural bankruptcies. Attorney Pelletier also represents landlords in tenant disputes and lenders in real estate and business finance. Attorney Pelletier teaches Business Law at the University of Wisconsin School of Business. Attorney Pelletier is also recognized in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy.
Michael Riley has spent his career representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters. He has been a featured speaker at a number of seminars for various organziations, such as the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Association for Justice. Attorney Riley is also recognized in Arbitration and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
Carl Sinderbrand values helping his clients achieve their goals while balancing the productive use and preservation of critical resources. In his career is has argued multiple cases before the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Attorney Sinderbrand is also recognized in Litigation – Construction.
Steven Streck has experience representing both condemning authorities and property owners in condemnation proceedings. He is also the author of all case law updates for the newsletter for the Construction and Public Contract Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin. Attorney Streck is also recognized in Litigation – Environmental and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
ADDITIONAL AXLEY ATTORNEYS LISTED IN THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA© 2019 LIST AND THE PRACTICE AREA THEY ARE RECOGNIZED FOR INCLUDE:
- Michael Anderson, Commercial Litigation
- Steven Brezinski, Tax Law
- Gregory Collins, Real Estate Law
- Paul Curtis, Litigation – Insurance, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Guy DuBeau, Litigation – Construction
- David Easton, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Timothy Fenner, Insurance Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
- Don Gallo, Environmental Law, Litigation – Environmental
- Patricia Gibeault, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Saul Glazer, Construction Law
- Daniel Hardy, Communications Law, Energy Law
- Bruce Harms, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
- Arthur Kurtz, Insurance Law
- Larry Libman, Real Estate Law
- Lori Lubinsky, Education Law, Insurance Law
- Mitch Olson, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
- Laura Peck, Banking and Finance Law
- Richard Petershack, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law
- Robert Procter, Real Estate Law
- John Schmid, Jr., Worker’s Compensation Law – Employers
- Jonathan Schuster, Securities Regulation
- Heath Straka, Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Buck Sweeney, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Environmental
- John Walsh, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Michael Westcott, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
Regarded as a top reference guide to the legal profession, The Best Lawyers® lists are compiled through an extensive peer-review survey in which thousands of lawyers in the U.S. evaluate their professional peers.